It’s summer time which means traveling should be at the top of your list of things to do this season. Make sure your items are safe and secure with our Merax Travelhouse Luggage set, complete with TSA locks to ensure your luggage remains intact on your trip.
Traveling can be a hassle if we don’t prepare correctly, but we can always make our traveling experience much pleasant if we know the essential gear to bring. Below are some suggestions from Meritline.com.
We all love going on a holiday, whether it is in our own country or abroad, but how many people set off only to come up with a problem or a delay. Most people expect a holiday to be great fun, and they usually are. So when an issue does arise, it is usually tolerated as you are holiday.
However, there are certain things that you can do before you even leave the house to make sure that things will run as smooth as they can during the traveling.
Tips When Traveling By Plane Abroad
• You should never pack food items in your baggage unless they are accepted by customs at your destination, and that includes uneaten airline food. Even so, they should be declared. Failure to do so and getting caught, will result in a long delay and possible fine. This is a serious offense, and it will go on your immigration record. People get caught out by this on most flights, and some airports now use sniffer dogs.
• In order to fly through security, take off loose things like belts, and empty all of you pockets. Place them all in a bag within your hand luggage. This saves you ‘undressing’ at security. As everything they need to check is already in your hand luggage, this helps speed up getting through security. You can then sort yourself out in your own time when through.
• Once through security, purchase some food and drink for the flight. Budget airlines charge a lot once you are on board for such things, and although most long haul flights include meals, you may not like them. It is not very nice being on a plane for hours when you are hungry.
Tips When Traveling By Bus Or Train
• Try and travel as light as possible, as unlike an airline which takes the luggage off you, it is you that has to haul the luggage to the bus or train.
• Always take a battery powered hand fan, as you can’t trust the air conditioning, and being hot makes you very uncomfortable.
Tips When Traveling By Car
• Most people like a hot drink on the road, and although you can use flasks, it is best to spend about $20 and purchase a kettle that plugs into the 12V socket. This means you can have a hot drink when and where you want, and not have to pay the high prices on the road.
• Always take a lot of different snacks and candy, especially if you have kids. It is amazing how food can keep them quiet.
Other things you can do is make sure that you have plenty of things to keep yourself occupied. That really isn’t a problem these days with smartphones and tablets available, as you can carry a book, music and video collection with you. Just remember to turn off the WiFi, and turn down the brightness as much as you can so that the battery lasts as long as possible.
Remember, holidays are supposed to be fun, and the more preparation you do in advance, the more enjoyable it will be.