Easter is one of the most important Christian festivals and celebrations, as it marks Jesus’s resurrection. It is also observed as a spring festival. Family spend Easter together and enjoy festivities. They cook and eat roasted meat and enjoy lively conversation.
Easter feasts may tend to be high in carb, fat and sugar, still a traditional Easter banquet have great options for low fat and low carb dieters. For example, seafood such as salmon and roasted lean meats are ideal Easter dish. As side dish you can prepare artichoke hearts, broccolis, asparagus and various fresh vegetable salads to add colourful spring festive atmosphere.
You can celebrate and enjoy Easter with low fat and low carb delicacy. Low in fat and carb doesn’t necessary mean low in taste. Just make sure you always choose the extra lean version of meat and small goods, if there is any obvious fat cut it off and discard. When you use oil for cooking just keep it minimum and always choose either extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil as they are the healthiest and least fattening choice of oils.
Here are some top low fat and low carb Easter recipes.
1. Mutton in Vegetables
This popular Slovakian Easter meal can be served with boiled or mashed potatoes. However if you are on low carb diet, replace potatoes with steamed cauliflower.
600g lean mutton
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon plain flour
Ground black pepper
1 dl white wine
100g extra lean bacon
2-3 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
100g green beans
1. Cut the meat into 2cm cubes and add salt and pepper. Fry the bacon in a pan. Put meat into pan and fry. Cover with water and simmer for approximately one hour. Add cut vegetables and seasonings when the meat is soft. Stew briefly, thicken with flour. Add white wine and simmer briefly.
2. Heat oil and chopped onion and cook until glassy. Add salt, curry and cover with water. Add to 1. And let simmer for 15-20 minute before serving.
Other top low fat and low carb Easter recipes are;
2. Baked Chicken Breast With Sage And Thyme Served With Fresh Green Salad.
3. Spicy And Juicy Lean Lamb Chops With Rosemary
4. Blue Eye Cod With Green Chilli
5. Grilled Salmon With Chickpea Salad
6. Grilled Beef Filet Steak With Vinaigrette
1. Sauteed Mushrooms And Asparagus
Mushrooms and asparagus are both low in calories and carbs and still taste delicious with nice flavour. Sautee them with small amount of olive oil or coconut oil and season with salt and pepper, chopped fresh thyme and zest of lemon. This will make an elegant side dish.
2. Spinach Citrus Salad
3. Spicy Roasted Carrots
4. Radish And Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Now you know you don’t need to give up your low fat and low carb diet regimen in order to enjoy Easter feast. Eat healthy and enjoy Easter!