It is no surprise that less people are gifting this year. Since the economy has taken a big hit, fewer people are finding the extra expense justifiable. However, what most people don’t realize is that the perfect gift doesn’t necessarily have to be one that breaks the bank. In fact, there are some really great ways to make someone smile this holiday season with some of the frugal gift ideas below.
1. Instead of buying pre-made cookies, bake your own. You don’t have to be great in the kitchen because there are plenty of great mixes available that allow you to bake at least 100 cookies for only a few dollars. Count how many people you need to provide a gift for and purchase either cookie tins or ceramic mugs. Places the cookies inside in a pleasing manner and wrap them all up in cellophane.
As an added bonus, if you use satin ribbons and add a tag, you can make the piece look entirely store bought and professional without the hefty price tag.
2. Utilize a craft that you’re good at this holiday season. If you’re a great painter, you knit well or enjoy crocheting, use these talents to create useful gifts for the ones you love. Not only will you enjoy making them, you will save money, but also create a personal gift that your loved ones can remember for many Christmases to come.
3. Vintage lovers should take notice of this next idea. If you can get a hold of vintage teacups and saucers, they can make beautiful gift sets for those on your gifting list. All you need to do is to find a matching, or close to matching set, add a couple of individually wrapped teabags and a small spoon to stir with, and you’re done. Wrap it all in clear cellophane, and it not only looks gorgeous, but frugal too.
4. Books are probably one of the most versatile and engaging gifts to give this holiday season. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they can be purchased for very little money. Hit your local thrift shops and used book stores because you can find gorgeous books in pristine condition for very low prices. Try to purchase books that your recipient can really appreciate!
5. Gift baskets are a great way to shop for everyone on your list. However, if you purchase the pre-made ones, it can get very expensive. Set a tight budget for each person, and create a themed basket from dollar store items. Believe it or not, dollar store products can be just as good as their more expensive counterparts, and you can address the needs of everyone for a few bucks.
Keep in mind that you can’t please everyone with frugal gifts as some people go by price tags. However, most people appreciate that they were thought of, and they will be glad you took the time to give them something this season. So, if you’re on a tight budget, consider some of these ideas to get the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
If you are still looking for some frugal gifts for your love ones, visit Meritline.com. Today is our last day for next day air shipping guaranteed to be delivered by December 24, 2013.