The much-awaited summer is here. Now is the time to shed all that extra clothing and flaunt the bod you worked really hard for. But of course, that hot bod needs to be complemented with fashionable clothes and nice accessories.
So here are your 10 top summer fashion must haves:
1. Tanks – Now is the time to bring out your tank tops. Hid them during the winter season? Hide them no more! The weather can get so humid and sticky. By wearing tank tops, you can feel comfortable and light. Get them in all colors and prints. For casual looks, you can get the cotton ones. But for those going to work or for night outs, get those in linen or silk. The best thing about tank tops is that you can mix and match with just about any bottom.
2. Dresses – You know summer is here when you see people walking around in dresses with bright patterns. Wear tube or halter dresses to feel more comfortable. Cotton dresses are a good bet as they let the air circulate. For work, you can opt to wear dresses with silkier material that flow as well. You can even opt to wear maxi dresses for night outs, as they are rather airy.
3. Shorts – Now is the time to show your legs. Feel insecure about your legs? Don some Bermuda shorts. Shorts that cover your thighs, they are comfortable enough to walk around on a hot summer day. But for those who are comfortable with their legs, walk around with skimpy shorts by all means. Shorts give you the airy feeling you get with skirts and yet they give you the flexibility to move around.
4. Flip flops – Winter is definitely not the time to wear flip flops. But summer…definitely is! Wear your bright orange flip flop with palm tree decals. Wear it with shorts, skirts or any casual dress.
5. Sandals – For those working, summer is not the best time to wear chunky loafers. So get some pretty sandals and show that nice new pedicure. But then some offices are rather strict with dress codes. So just use your strappy sandals for date night instead. Match with chunky accessories and your bright cotton dress.
6. Sunglasses – Make sure that you protect your peepers by getting a good pair of sunglasses. Make sure that your shades block out the UV rays.
7. Cropped tops – Cropped tops, like tank tops, are good to wear during summer days. It does not restrict your movement and gives you enough ventilation.
8. Skirts – Pants can be quite troublesome during summer days. They stick to your legs when you sweat. So just grab a skirt and go out. For those who go to the office, it is better to wear a pin striped skirt with your crisp white linen top, rather than a pair of slacks.
9. Swimsuits – The best time to wear your swimsuits and bikinis would be during summer. Choose one that would best accentuate your assets.
10. Anything bright – Basically the rule of thumb during summer is wear anything bright. Matching outfits do not really matter during the summer as long as you wear happy bright colors.