It is easy to find high-tech devices to enhance your living room, bedroom or kitchen. But what about your bathroom? When it comes to getting great features for your home, this room, despite being used daily, is often left out of the plans. A shower and bath is a shower and bath, no matter what type of fixtures you have, right? In a sense, this is true, but there are plenty of furnishings, fixtures and accessories that can really make this often-forgotten room into a place where you can relax and feel at ease, and maybe even indulge in some luxuries. With the right high-tech features, you may even start to enjoy your morning toothbrushing, shaving or make-up application, and shower routine.
Want to enhance your home’s bathroom? These items can make it one of the coolest rooms in your home.
- Withings WiFi Scale – This scale might seem like overkill at first, but it is actually a great tool for people who have weight loss, health, or fitness goals. This scale can record weight data and save it for you so that you can view your statistics later. But that is only the start the Withing’s usefulness. You can track your weight on an iPhone or Facebook app, provided for free with the scale. Your data can even be sent to your doctor, personal trainer or nutritionist so that they can help you stick to your weigh-loss and health goals. Of course, it helps that this scale has a sleek, space-age appeal, with tempered glass and a flat, space-saving design.
- Magnetic Soap Holder – This handy device can help you do away with the problems that bars of soap cause for you and your bathroom sink. The gooey mess that sits in the bottom of the soap holder will be a thing of the past when you install one of these slick-looking devices on the side of your sink. Because it uses magnetic power, the soap will stay in place even when it is wet. For people who prefer their soap in bar form, this is an invaluable addition to the bathroom set-up.
- LED Temp-Sensitive Shower Heads – Not only do these space-age shower heads look cool, they also come in handy when it comes to telling if your shower water is at the right temperature. The light changes from blue (for cold) to red (for hot), giving you a visual cue to let you know when the temperature is just right. Of course, taking your morning shower with attractive and relaxing lights shining is a great way to start your day and put you in the right mindset.
- Sharper Image Automatic Toothpaste Dispenser – This sleek-looking stainless steel device, which can be mounted on a wall near your sink, can take the squeezing and mess out of applying toothpaste to your brush. The dispenser spits out just the right amount of toothpaste every time, and the button used to activate it is pressure-sensitive, so you only have to push harder to get more toothpaste (or a bit softer to get less). This device can also save space, because the toothpaste can be stored in the dispenser, leaving extra shelf space in your medicine cabinet.
- Bel-Air Indoor Air Filtration System – This eco-friendly and chemical-free air purifying system is ideal for anyone who doesn’t like the harsh, perfume-like smell of spray air fresheners and plug-in air fresheners. The air is sucked into the device and run through the humid mini-atmosphere, then through the system’s plant and its roots. This naturally filters the air and leaves the bathroom smelling fresh after only a few minutes.